- Me and my brother are in some sort of fairgrounds / village / castle / cliffs
- We find these flying machines we can use and start flying around this map, going in and out of gullies, up to the tops of waterfalls, etc
- We find another place that rents the same thing and try those out too
- My brother asks if these have the super-speed button like the other ones did and the operators says that they do.
- These new ones are launched off a ramp at the top of a cliff. We launch and fly around some more.
- After, we get together with a bunch of friends and are discussing the day’s events
- At this point in the dream I realize I’m dreaming, and that the conversation is really good dialog
- “This whole thing is going to make such a great story” I think to myself in the dream.
- Then I get worried that I will wake up before the dream ends. I don’t want that to happen because this is such a cool dream.
- And THEN I get worried that having that thought in the dream will make me wake up (which it usually does)
- But I don’t wake up. We leave this restaurant or whatever it is we’re at and me, my brother, and some other guy decide to have a flying competition back down to where we started
- I again get worried, this time that I won’t be able to fly since I usually can’t if I’m aware I’m dreaming
- But I can. I am able to keep up with the other guy who is going super fast through small alleys
- We have to go way up high to go over some arch which is part of the course, and then race down to the finish line
- I end up just a tiny bit after him in second place.
- I think “Ok, I guess I can wake up now.”
Which I do, and think, “I need to write that down”. But instead I end up falling back to sleep
- I’m in a new dream now, writing down the previous dream.
- I’m amazed at all the detail I am able to bring back.
- I read back over what I wrote. It’s a printed copy and it’s perfect. The dialog is exactly as I remember it.
Then I wake up again and think, oh man, I can’t believe I was able to get it all that close! I seriously need to write that down…and then I fall asleep again…
- Dreaming again and I go back to read my transcription. It’s completely illegible now. The text has a single word written over and over again except for people’s names.
- “No!” I think, I’ll never get all those details back.
Then I wake up a final time and it’s 9:00am, which is when I should normally leave for work, not get up. So I have to run into the shower.
- Running down a road to go do laps a the park I normally run at in the mornings
- Foggy out and I think how it would make a good photograph the way the fog is flowing through the trees
- I keep running down the trail and start to get worried that nothing looks familiar
- I was carrying something and wanted to put it down on the benches that were normally about half way into this park, but the benches were gone.
- I run past a boat launch that is dilapidated, and then another angled roadway covered in brown slippery mud. I slide down it as I try to run across. Other people are around now.
- I finally get to a park at the end of a peninsula where there are lots of people, a lighthouse, and the ocean beyond. A steep set of steps goes down around the base of the lighthouse to the edge of the water. I run down through here and then up the other side.
- At the top of the other side of the hill I find a place to rent small powered boats, so I get one.
- I drive the boat down canals that are at first empty, but soon get crowded with other boat traffic. Some boats are small like mine, some large. It’s like a street in India with the mass of cars going every direction.
- I get to an opening where I stop and meet some friends. Just past where we stopped the waterway opens up into a large bay which I realize is Newport.
- But it’s getting late and we have to get back.
- I jump on someone else’s smaller boat that’s more like a motorcycle, and she begins riding fast back up the canal through the heavy boat traffic, weaving around other boats and narrowly missing head-on collisions.
- We stop at a large marina and water park where there are more people I know.
- We stay there for a while eating and drinking but I get separated from my group.
- When I can’t find them and I realize it’s almost time to leave, I sneak onto a large boat that docked there.
- Soon after I crouch down on a set of benches on top of the boat, a cover starts coming down over the top. I am nearly crushed when I see a girl to my right who is operating the controls on this weird fiberglass cover that’s covering the whole top of the boat. She is right next to me so I don’t understand how she will get out either.
- “I’m sorry, I snuck on and I’d like to get out now, but I’m stuck.” I say.
- “No, you are not,” she says. “Turn around.”
- I turn and realize that by my feet there is an opening which I go through and she follows.
- I talk with her as the boat makes its way back out into the canal and up through other canals that I didn’t know about.
- It makes its way into a city and we pass bridges, buildings, fields with people playing games.
- Finally the boat stops again and I realize the girl I was talking with is gone. I look around and see she is down on the bow of the ship which is flooding with water. The entire ship is settling deeper into the water and the bow is going under.
- I run to find someone and point out what’s happening. I am afraid she’ll drown, or be swept off the ship since the water coming over the railing is so strong.
- I find another, older woman and point out what’s happening.
- “Just watch” she says.
- Two more girls join the girl at the bow. The ship moves in front of three tubes, they look like the opening to a waterslide, but a strong current of water is entering them, filling them completely with rushing water.
- When the ship is finally in front of them. The three girls walk up to the tubes, and dive in head first.
- I look around for where the exit of the tubes might be, but I cannot find it.
- I turn to the woman next to me, “Where do they exit?”
- “Back at the start.” is her reply.
- I don’t understand at first and then realize she means the water park where we were docked hours ago. I think back on how far the ship traveled to get to this spot from there. It’s miles! “They will drown!” I say.
- “Perhaps. They are ready, we must go to them if they are to live.”
- The boat turns and begins its way back down the canals. We pass the same places on the way out as on the way in. At one of the fields there are people playing with these balls that are illuminated from the inside from some sort of power source. They kick them at people on the ship and they are kicked or swatted back like a vollyball. I can’t tell if this is a friendly game or the people on the ship are being taunted.
- On the way the woman explains to me that while the girls who make the journey through the water tubes train for it, there is more. She is their mother, and she must get to the exit tubes before sunset or the girls will be lost forever.
- I begin to notice that I do not recognize where we are, the ship is going a different way.
- “There are those who would like to see us fail, and they have blocked the way for the ship.” the woman says, “We are going to have to swim also.”
- The ship begins to flood itself again to bring the bow under water. I am taken with the woman to a forward compartment. I can hear the water outside surround the compartment as the ship sinks further.
- “How long am I going to have to hold my breath?” I ask. “I’m not one of you.”
- The woman looks at me, smiles, but says nothing.
- I am waiting for the water to come rushing in, or to be spat out of the ship underwater like a torpedo, but it never happens. The sound of water fades and I realize the ship is surfacing.
- “You said we were going to swim!” I say to the woman.
- “The ship swims too.”
- We go back to the top of the ship and we are docked next to a set of stairs that lead up and around an old building. I realize that the ship must have descended under the water and gone through some underwater passages to get here because this is a completely different part of the city. There are high metal fences around the buildings and the edge of the waterway where we are docked.
- I follow the mother and a few other people up the stairs. I sense they are worried. I look up at the sky and see that the clouds have turned a fire-red. Sunset is almost here.
- We take a brisk pace up and around a series of steps, the sound of water running becomes louder. We must be nearing the exit of the tubes where the girls will be.
- After another turn we come to a gate. It is locked, and there is no way around. The fences are too tall and too strong to get past.
- On the locked gate door is a sticker that I recognize to be from the local mayor, who is generally regarded to be evil. he has locked this gate to make sure that we will not be able to get in, and that the girls will die.
- “We must find another way!” the woman says with some panic.
- We run back down the steps and take another path. We exit onto a beach and find some bicycles. Everyone in the group grabs a bike and begins riding off down the beach towards the tube exits.
- I am about to leave as well and then notice a pair of dive flippers. Thinking that there might be more swimming I take them.
[this is where the dream ended, but I’m thinking something like:]
- We all ride down the beach. We turn a corner and the tube exits are visible, but are surrounded by a large lake / pond. We will have to swim the last leg, and get to the tube exits before sunset which is rapidly approaching.
- I will put on the dive flippers which makes me faster than everyone else, even though the other people in this group are all part of this “Swimmers” race. Maybe they’re all older and have made “the swim” earlier in their lives but now they’re not as good. In any case, having the dive flippers makes me faster and I get there first, just before the last bit of sun falls under the horizon.
- Maybe the woman will have realized this was the outcome, and earlier in the story gave me a “gift” which is really some sort of amulet that I need to use to open the tube exits and get the girls out.
- I use the amulet, the girls appear out of the water that is rushing out of the tube exits.
- The last of the sun falls below the horizon.
I was driving through a city and a huge storm rolled in. There were tornadoes dropping down everywhere. I pulled my car over to the side of the road, opened up my trunk where all the camera gear was, and grabbed a camera.
I ran up the street to try to get a shot of one of the largest tornadoes that was starting to engulf an entire skyscraper. Just as I lined up the shot the entire building exploded movie-style, with one of those blue donut-shaped shockwave rings racing out of it and towards me – the building was vaporized into thousands of pieces flying through the air.
After snapping a couple shots of it approaching I ran into a parking garage, hid behind a concrete pillar, and covered my ears just as the shock wave hit.
I checked the image n the camera and was surprised to see that it wasn’t a picture of the exploding building at all, but rather one of a woman crouching in fear of the oncoming shockwave. Confused I checked the camera in my hands only to realize that I had grabbed an old 10 year old backup camera that was slow to take photos and had really low resolution. The camera hadn’t taken the photo until I was half-way turned towards the refuge of the parking garage.
However, after reviewing the images on the camera again I realized there was in fact an entire series of photos taken from just when I had started turning. They all had a movie-film, black and white kind of look and I realized they were all really good photos in their own right – just not the one I had intended to take.
- In the old Country Market in the town where I grew up
- Buy a sandwich at the deli
- Go to pay
- Realize I don’t have my wallet
- Tell cashier I will be right back after checking truck
- I know my wallet is not in the truck because I realize I am wearing new pants, not the ones I normally do, so I must have changed into them and forgot to grab my wallet
- Decide to leave and drive to house to get wallet
- About to leave parking lot when I remember my cash hiding spot
- Check my “secret stash” spot in the ashtray and find cash in there. 20, 10, 5, and some 1s
- Go back to park again
- Have to drive around a lot looking for a spot
- Realize there are hoards of people following me around and some of the other cars and people as well
- They follow you kind of like a school of fish everywhere you go
- They are homeless people trying/waiting to ask you for money
Continue reading “Dream – Morning of 2018-05-17”
Finally had another dream worthy of writing down!
- Big Brother
- Middle Brother
- Little Sister
- Guy on Horse
- Family on the beach: Mother, oldest son, middle son, youngest daughter. From oldest to youngest the children are something like 17, 14, 12.
- It’s the end of the day and the mother and youngest two are lounging in the sand at the boardwalk that goes back to the parking lot and exit. The day is over and other families are leaving with all their stuff. They are waiting for the oldest son to meet them here before they can all leave together.
- The daughter gets up and leaves to go for a walk.
- The mother and middle son sit together for a while watching the people leave. “I wish I was as pretty as them.” the mother says. At first middle son thinks she was talking to him, but he realizes she is thinking out loud and daydreaming.
- She continues to watch the people passing by so middle son decides to leave and go look for his sister.
- As middle son is walking down the beach looking for his sister, everyone is still walking out the opposite direction and he scans each face as they go by. Some are girls his age and he smiles at them, sometimes they smile back. Soon the stream of people has thinned to the occasional straggler and he looks at the landscape around him more. “I wish I had a camera” he thinks as he looks at the sand dunes. The sky is getting towards sunset, all the colors are washed out and the sky is a light lavender color. Some sort of mist hangs in the air above the dunes which makes each dune top lighter the further away it gets. The dunes furthest away are indistinguishable from the sky. Everything looks like it’s been drawn with shades of blue, purple, and lavender pastels.
- He finally sees his sister standing at the rocks at the end of the sandy part of the beach.
- As he gets closer he can see she is either crying or was crying. She is wearing a blue bathing suit, and it stands out against her pale white skin and red hair which is still wet from swimming earlier. Her red hair is odd because the two brothers have black hair and their mother’s is blonde.
- When he gets there he tells her “Big brother is probably back with mother by now, so we should head back, plus it’s going to be dark soon.”
- She turns to him with watery eyes and says “I don’t have any friends.”
- He knows he should say something, or give her a hug in this moment, but he can’t think of anything to say and instead looks out over the water, avoiding her gaze.
- She continues, “Did I have any friends before?”
- He knows what she means, before they moved here, before their father died, back when they lived on the farm. He also knows the answer, which is that she did not, but instead he lies and says he doesn’t remember. He senses that she doesn’t quite believe him so he continues with a truth to try to reinforce the white lie, “The farm was big, there weren’t a lot of people around” he says.
- She seems to sense this is all he is going to say and turns back towards the beach exit and their mother.
- They walk back together in slience.
There was some sort of flashback / other story about the older brother and the younger brother hanging out in a pool hall. Older brother was teaching younger how to play. Someone came up and asked if they wanted to play an actual game. Older brother lets younger play the game. Younger gets crushed. “Maybe next time.” older says to younger.
The mother drives the school bus in town, and because this is a small town the last stop is their house where she parks the bus for the night. They have a chicken coop and the mother sells eggs to make extra money. Some other children who live nearby stay on the bus until it gets to their house so they can go into the coop to pick out and buy eggs for their families.
As the town children and two younger children are in the coop they hear a commotion in the front yard. They all run around to see some guy on horseback intimidating and harassing the mother. This guy has been harassing their mother since they moved here. The oldest son comes out of the house and confronts the man.
- The guy turns his horse to face the oldest son and says something dumb and cliche like “This ain’t none of your concern boy.”
- The guy on the horse had a long rifle with him. He had been holding it balanced with the stock resting on his foot, now he raises it up with one arm and goes to shoo away the oldest son.
- But the oldest son grabs the rifle away from the man and swings it at him like a baseball bat.
- Since the man is on a horse the swing is mostly ineffective, but does make light contact with the mans face.
- Emboldened by his first swing the oldest son now tries to jab at the man’s face, using the rifle like a sword now instead of a bat.
- However the man is ready for this attack and dodges the thrusting rifle, grabs the barrel, and rips the gun out of the oldest son’s hands.
…and then I woke up
Colors of the bathing suit, red hair, and white skin:
Fog layer mask