Dream – 2019-10-07
Posted On October 11, 2019
- Build large wooden boat, square rig
- Launch and outfit
- Sail out on maiden voyage and run into storm
- Feel like we are taking on water, turn towards a harbor, straight downwind. Sails and mast groan.
- Go below and look while dad stays at helm
- See water streaming in from some fitting up at the bow
- Follow water “river” aft and see that it’s almost up to the first floorboards
- Run back up as fast as I can
- We are now in a harbor
- Boat is visibly low in water
- Hit bottom at one point but are able to get through. Muddy.
- Tie up to dock
- It’s some sort of summer spot that is closed now. Rides, stores, etc.