- Dylan is walking down a crowded road with his family, it is nighttime.
- They are on their way to the ferry terminal in a large European town
- They’re trying to get on the largest, and last, ferry along with everyone else around them
- People are panicked and confused, but still reasonable orderly
- The attack hasn’t happened yet, but they’ve heard on the news that this is the last place on the planet that the aliens haven’t come yet
- Dylan and his family are American, and Dylan’s father is an important government official.
- They are able to get into the ferry, and make their way to the windows inside the large room inside the main deck.
- They look out over the water and see other ferries, some of them sinking, capsized or something.
- Then the attack begins as swarms of alien ships come out of the sky leaving green trails behind them.
- The ships fire on the people on land, the ferries, everything.
- Dylan realizes that it is hopeless, this is the last place that the aliens attacked and it’s clear that there is no escape – everyone will die.
- There is an explosion and Dylan is knocked unconscious.
- Dylan awakes in a bed. He looks around the room and realizes it is his bedroom back at home in the United States.
- Slowly the events come back to him: seeing the news reports on TV about the first attacks, his father rounding up his family in the hotel, their crazed dash to the ferries, and the final attack.
- How did he end up in this bed?
- He gets up and goes downstairs to find lots of people in the house, it seems most of his extended family is here.
- They all give him a solemn look as he walks by.
- Finally he finds one of his cousins who runs up to him and gives him a large hug.
- “I’m so sorry man. I can’t believe it.” the cousin says..
- Bewildered Dylan says nothing.
- “I mean, it’s amazing you made it, but that everyone else in the plane crash didn’t is just crazy…” the cousin realizes that he probably should not continue on such a sensitive subject and stops talking.
- Through a few more conversations Dylan finds out that everyone here seems to think that he and his family were in a plane crash, and that everyone on the plane but him died. Everyone is here for a wake for his entire family, and nobody has any recollection of the alien invasion, or the major cities of the world being completely obliterated.
- Dylan returns to his room to be alone and try to process what is going on. Maybe he’s crazy and the entire alien story is some sort of coping mechanism by his brain.
- He finds his camera that he brings with him everywhere and turns it on. When he presses the play button a video begins to play. It’s a video of him and his family at a birthday party – in the European city where that final attack happened.
- Dylan begins cycling through the pictures and videos and realizes they are all of this trip that he was on. There are even a few final snapshots of the ferries being loaded, the mass confusion, and one blurry shot of an alien ship firing on a building in the distance.
- It’s his only evidence that any of this happened.
- He needs to find and reveal the truth.
Finally had another dream worthy of writing down!
- Big Brother
- Middle Brother
- Little Sister
- Guy on Horse
- Family on the beach: Mother, oldest son, middle son, youngest daughter. From oldest to youngest the children are something like 17, 14, 12.
- It’s the end of the day and the mother and youngest two are lounging in the sand at the boardwalk that goes back to the parking lot and exit. The day is over and other families are leaving with all their stuff. They are waiting for the oldest son to meet them here before they can all leave together.
- The daughter gets up and leaves to go for a walk.
- The mother and middle son sit together for a while watching the people leave. “I wish I was as pretty as them.” the mother says. At first middle son thinks she was talking to him, but he realizes she is thinking out loud and daydreaming.
- She continues to watch the people passing by so middle son decides to leave and go look for his sister.
- As middle son is walking down the beach looking for his sister, everyone is still walking out the opposite direction and he scans each face as they go by. Some are girls his age and he smiles at them, sometimes they smile back. Soon the stream of people has thinned to the occasional straggler and he looks at the landscape around him more. “I wish I had a camera” he thinks as he looks at the sand dunes. The sky is getting towards sunset, all the colors are washed out and the sky is a light lavender color. Some sort of mist hangs in the air above the dunes which makes each dune top lighter the further away it gets. The dunes furthest away are indistinguishable from the sky. Everything looks like it’s been drawn with shades of blue, purple, and lavender pastels.
- He finally sees his sister standing at the rocks at the end of the sandy part of the beach.
- As he gets closer he can see she is either crying or was crying. She is wearing a blue bathing suit, and it stands out against her pale white skin and red hair which is still wet from swimming earlier. Her red hair is odd because the two brothers have black hair and their mother’s is blonde.
- When he gets there he tells her “Big brother is probably back with mother by now, so we should head back, plus it’s going to be dark soon.”
- She turns to him with watery eyes and says “I don’t have any friends.”
- He knows he should say something, or give her a hug in this moment, but he can’t think of anything to say and instead looks out over the water, avoiding her gaze.
- She continues, “Did I have any friends before?”
- He knows what she means, before they moved here, before their father died, back when they lived on the farm. He also knows the answer, which is that she did not, but instead he lies and says he doesn’t remember. He senses that she doesn’t quite believe him so he continues with a truth to try to reinforce the white lie, “The farm was big, there weren’t a lot of people around” he says.
- She seems to sense this is all he is going to say and turns back towards the beach exit and their mother.
- They walk back together in slience.
There was some sort of flashback / other story about the older brother and the younger brother hanging out in a pool hall. Older brother was teaching younger how to play. Someone came up and asked if they wanted to play an actual game. Older brother lets younger play the game. Younger gets crushed. “Maybe next time.” older says to younger.
The mother drives the school bus in town, and because this is a small town the last stop is their house where she parks the bus for the night. They have a chicken coop and the mother sells eggs to make extra money. Some other children who live nearby stay on the bus until it gets to their house so they can go into the coop to pick out and buy eggs for their families.
As the town children and two younger children are in the coop they hear a commotion in the front yard. They all run around to see some guy on horseback intimidating and harassing the mother. This guy has been harassing their mother since they moved here. The oldest son comes out of the house and confronts the man.
- The guy turns his horse to face the oldest son and says something dumb and cliche like “This ain’t none of your concern boy.”
- The guy on the horse had a long rifle with him. He had been holding it balanced with the stock resting on his foot, now he raises it up with one arm and goes to shoo away the oldest son.
- But the oldest son grabs the rifle away from the man and swings it at him like a baseball bat.
- Since the man is on a horse the swing is mostly ineffective, but does make light contact with the mans face.
- Emboldened by his first swing the oldest son now tries to jab at the man’s face, using the rifle like a sword now instead of a bat.
- However the man is ready for this attack and dodges the thrusting rifle, grabs the barrel, and rips the gun out of the oldest son’s hands.
…and then I woke up
Colors of the bathing suit, red hair, and white skin:
Fog layer mask
- Boy is being dragged by the arm by his father (or some sort of authority figure)
- Chained to a heavy thing and thrown into a pond
- On the way down the boy manages to free himself, but he knows it will mean death to surface right there, so he swims away underwater
- He remembers a place he can hide
- Almost out of breath he finally makes it to a part of the pond that the kids of the town/city know about, a place where you can surface in an air bubble under an overhang
- He surfaces underneath the overhang
There are a few inches of air in this spot. It is not quite close din and he can see out over the rest of the pond
- He sees the upside-down mottled reflection of another man on the surface of the water peering over the edge of the pond.
- He knows the man is looking for him
- He thinks for sure the man will see his reflection too, but then he realizes that it is so dark in this little mini-cave that the man cannot see him. as long as he stays quiet he should be safe.
- The boy stays as quiet as he can
- Eventually the man leaves, satisfied that the boy is in fact dead, still tied to the thing at the bottom of the pond
- The boy is still scared though, and stays where he is
- It starts to get dark
- Bugs are crawling on his exposed shoulders from the earthen wall behind and above him (i.e. kind of like in Lord of the Rings when the Hobbits hide from the black riders)
- The boy is finally satisfied that it is safe to exit the pond, and he is cold and shivering anyway.
- He crawls out of the pond and finds a path that leads into the woods
- He follows this path and comes upon a giant opening.
- It is shaped like a colosseum. A giant three-quarters bowl made of yellow stone.
- Everywhere are holes and arches in the walls.
- The boy realizes that each of these individual openings leads to a sewer drain, a street grate, or some type of drain from the city.
- “I wonder what it’s like in here when it’s raining” the boy thinks.
- He begins exploring, climbing up broken rocks and stuff to try to get to one of these openings
- First tens and then hundreds of other children appear from openings all around him.
- Tribal in looks and behavior, they start hooting and hollering.
- “Other children who were sacrificed, or just runaways?” the boy thinks.
After this the dream did the “dream thing” and went off the rails. All the kids broke out into song and dance like a Disney movie.
- Man is hiking through the woods
- Has this single unwavering purpose, not even sure himself, just ‘knows’ he needs to follow this path, to go this direction, to get somewhere.
- Ends up in a village
- They recognize him as “the prophecy”
- Stuff happens
- Years go by
- His sons leave down the same path he entered, everyone knows they will return in 60 or 70 years to start the process again.
Takes place in the 80s some time in a country town.
- Guy comes home from somewhere. Jail / College / Army, something like that.
- He’s always been in kind of a rowdy crowd. He calls up his old friends to see what they’re doing. His kid brother wants to come with him so he says ok.
- They all meet down at some quarry overlooking a processing plant. 3 cars, 3 guys and the kid brother.
- The third guy has this weird thing he says a lot, it’s like his catch phrase. “Here’s to you kid” followed by something that just happened.
- They split most of a 12 pack of beer while shooting the shit (even kid brother has one).
- From the overlook you can see the entirety of the plant and all the machines moving stone around. It’s nearly automated so there’s not really anyone to catch them drinking beer up on this overlook where they shouldn’t be.
- They decide to leave and kid brother wants to ride with guy #3 – they live next door and kid brother wants to see if this guy #3’s kid brother is home (who is our kid brother’s friend and who he wants to brag to about hanging with the big guys drinking beer). Ok, fine says big brother.
- They all race their way out of the quarry because it’s fun on the dirt roads, you can fish tail around corners and stuff. They are dirt roads and giant clouds of dust form which looks wicked cool but also is an advantage if you’re in the lead – not so much if you’re one of the cars behind. Right now it’s the main character in the lead, the second car, and then the third car (with the kid brother and other guy driving) fighting to get in front of #2.
- They go around a large corner, a small straightaway, and then are back up onto the main road.
- Main character turns left, second car turns right, and the third car can’t be seen in the rear view. Oh well, they must have slowed down because they couldn’t see. He’d see them back on their home street. He leans into the gas and accelerates onto the highway.
- Main character gets home, takes a shower, and then is getting dressed. He notices the other guy still hasn’t come home yet (he can see guy #3’s driveway from his bedroom window).
- Main character calls second guy, “Hey have you seen #3? He’s not home yet…maybe he broke down, his car is a piece of shit you know”
- They decide to go check.
- It’s getting towards sunset now and they are re-tracing their path into to quarry when they see a break in the bushes and tire tracks leading to it in the dirt road.
- They stop, get out, and walk through the bushes to emerge out on the top of a very steep hill.
- At the bottom of the hill they see the #3’s yellow car’s taillights, trunk, and some of the roof, but the rest of the car is buried under stone, and more is slowly covering it because it had slammed into into a pile that was being built up by one of those stone conveyors.
- They run down the hill to the car and get to the driver side first. It is blocked from being opened, half because it is crumpled, but half because there is a large rock on the ground keeping it from opening all the way. They move the stone and get the driver’s side open.
- Stone chips just like the ones that are covering the car come pouring out…the inside is filled with stone. They frantically scoop with their hands but can only find a pair of feet on the driver’s seat with the legs leading towards the passenger side where the kid would have been sitting.
- They run over to the passenger side and open that door. This one also opens roughly but not as bad as the first one. More stone chips come pouring out and then they see the rest of guy #3’s body covering / laying on top of the kid who is still in his seat with his seat belt on.
- Guy #3’s fingernails have stone chips embedded everywhere under them. He had been trying to dig his way through the stone with only his hands. His hands are raw, like he’d been digging for a long time. At first probably just to try to get to the door handle and get the door open, but afterwards in a vain effort to keep the ever-deepening stone away from their faces (remember, they are underneath a conveyor which is constantly pouring out more and more stone chips).
- They see a cookie – one which kid brother had brought with him from home – and it was miraculously preserved. It had a single bite taken out of it and was still in kid brother’s lap.
- Big brother looks at guy #3’s face and thinks to himself it looks like he’s saying: “Here’s to you kid – I tried.”
In the actual dream it was peat moss and not stone chips but I don’t think they move peat moss on conveyor belts so I changed that, and there wasn’t beer in the dream but that seemed like a good addition. I also couldn’t remember exactly what the “catch phrase” was that guy #3 had (i.e. “Here’s to you kid”), but I think that might be right.
- Sitting in a bar waiting for friends.
- Girl arrives and sits Indian style in the seat next to me.
- She pulls out her phone (which I can’t see yet) and says “yeah, it’s not a flip phone”
- I look over ans see it indeed is not a flip phone, but is also not a “smart phone”, just a mini phone about half the size of a large spice bottle.
- I laugh and pretend to be talking like I’m talking to someone else but I’m really talking to her (the thing where you cup your hands over your mouth): “Oh my god, look at that, it’s not even a flip phone.”
- She laughs and says “Yeah, not even a Razor”.
- I continue, “Yeah, it’s not even a Razor….I think she’s from even farther in the past than that…or perhaps the future.”
- Scene cuts forward to a nearly-empty bar/restaurant and we’re still talking. I’m showing her pictures from this book I happen to have of all my travels. I show her a picture from a pool in Las Vegas where you go down a water slide adventure and then are floated into a room that has only a couple to a few feet of water in it and explain how you could sit at a swim up bar, swim over to do some gambling, walk up to a platform where there are bathrooms, etc.
I think this could be a story about Lucid dreaming where the main character is so infatuated with the girl he meets at the bar he tries to get back to her. He can’t, until he learns about Lucid dreaming. He trains himself to be able to do it, and then starts reconstructing her, the scene, an entire world perhaps. But then something bad has to happen, not sure what…maybe she starts to realize she’s not real and attempts to deconstruct the dream herself. He of course can’t understand how this would happen because he created her…something like that.
- Skiing down a mountain at nearly night, I’m the last one on the mountain.
- Get to the bottom and get on a lift that takes you to the parking lots
- I see a phone blinking blue LED in the snow below.
- I get off at the mid station which is a ski rental shop. I notice that if someone wanted they could rob the store (it is closed).
- I walk out of the store and there are people everywhere.
- I turn around and make my way back to the area under the lift.
- I pay a hotel bellboy $0.25 to help me look for the phone
- For some reason there are drunk French tourists also walking around – I realize they are walking back to the hotel where I found the bellboy
- I find the phone which is a broken Motorola Razor (the top part of the flip has broken off)
- Somehow (because it’s a dream world), the phone still works.
- I walk back to the top of the parking lot and there are even more people
- Somehow I realize that there’s about to be an attack with a “pumpkin bomb” (did I look at the phone and see their plans?
- I see a truck drive past me on the road but realize it’s actually two
- The second one is a contraption of two parts, one which is pulling another.
- I realize the second one is the “pumpkin”
- I start running away, and am almost run over by another truck.
- I look to my left to follow the truck and see it has stopped in the road — blocking a fire truck’s access to the rest of the area.
- Fire truck can’t move
I was interviewing at a company and they gave us (many people were interviewing at the same time) giant transparent sheets with questions on them and you were supposed to sketch out your solutions on the transparency.
One of the questions went something like “Provide a mobile solution for caching geographic results on the unpolluted side of the moon.”
After staring at it for a while I realized the “unpolluted” part was a red herring but I was still perplexed as to how to answer the question. Finally I decided that some sort of caching system would be required, or at least a “2 part lookup”. So I went with a grid-based system where you would carve up the area into squares – this part could be stored on the device which would be better than server caching even.
The idea was first figure out which square the device was in, then you would ask the server for details for that square (and probably the 8 around it). It seems like it would work better than querying the large database for results between lat/lon points if you only have to ask for results in a grid number (which would index well)…dunno lol.
I was in my grandmothers kitchen with my mother using the oven to dry out a guitar neck for my dad.
It was an old gas oven that had burners on both the top and bottom. We were using it more as a furnace than an oven, with the flames licking out at times to the wood of the guitar neck. Too close I realized.
I went over to the oven to adjust the flame level. We had found the guitar that the neck belonged to in the mud, and there was still some of the mud visible caked to the frets. I turned to say something to my mother, as I did I looked out the window and realized time was running backwards outside because there were planes flying tail-first through the sky. When a plane passed close enough to us to see I would try to point it out to my mother, but each time she turned around it would be too late, the plane would no longer be visible.
I was facing the window, and I knew that outside there were three airports, so I waited for a plane from the closest one to come into view, to “return from landing” so to speak. One did arrive, some sort of straight-winged single engine prop plane. I tried to call this one out too but the same thing happened, it had disappeared behind the trees before she had a chance to turn around and see it.
We decided to leave and go to a festival down the road (apparently time was running forwards again outside). Upon arriving we ordered tacos from a taco shack. I saw something interesting and decided to try it. It was a large roasted poblano pepper that was used as the wrapping. This was stuffed with chicken, cream cheese, onions and some other seasonings. It was fantastic.
In another earlier dream I had arrived back to my parents’ house in Rhode Island after a long drive south and getting lost by missing an exit on 95. I looked up at the sky and saw a satellite going through the sky, something that’s always cool to see. Then I saw another, but it was moving much faster, at least twice as fast as the original. For a while I pondered what altitude it would have to be at to be able to go that fast and maintain orbit. Soon there were more and more of these fast-moving things in the sky. Now I wondered if they weren’t satellites but some sort of meteors instead. They didn’t disappear like a meteor though, so I was confused even more.
While still staring at the sky something new showed up, a steady stream of five “lines” of what looked like tracer fire, all moving in a straight pattern together across the sky. i realized now that there was some sort of battle going on in space directly above earth. Immediately after this another line of fire appeared at a ninety-degree angle to the first
- This “world” is made up of many different ones that you jump to by going through portals.
- Each portal is guarded by a different “animal” which you need to befriend and understand before you can go through the portal.
- There is one girl who knows the entrances and exits to all the portals, but she is rarely seen.
- One day this man is stuck in a world and doesn’t know how to exit it. He sees a girl ride up on a horse.
- He asks her, “How is it that you are able to ride that horse?”
- She replies, “It’s easy, you just need to understand them.”
- She turns the horse and begins riding towards a portal, it is guarded by horses (or had pictures of horses or something)…in any case, it’s clear it is the Horse Portal.
- The man does not follow and she stops her horse, and turns around to speak to him again.
- “Aren’t you going to follow?”
- “I’m afraid not.”, he replies. “I have not yet conquered horses.”
- “You don’t even know horses? And, conquered? Well, I can see why you haven’t. You have much to learn.” She replies with a chuckle.
- In the lake behind the man a giant water beast rises out of the water. Its mouth is huge with tendrils of flesh hanging from it. It looks like a slug crossed with a catfish, crossed with some sort of alien creature.
- The beast makes an ear piercing roar as it moves towards the man who is currently halfway between the beast and the horse portal.
- Meanwhile, the girl on the horse has a look of terror on her face. Could it be that there is a creature she does not yet understand? One that, given the chance, would consume her without a second thought?
- She turns and motions her horse towards the portal to exit, but then reconsiders. She takes a long whip-like thing from her side and with a long overhead arc like a fly fisherman, she snaps the tip of the whip at the beast. There is a claw on the end of the whip which takes a sample of the flesh from the open mouth of the beast.
- She then looks down at the man who is now only a few feet from death. Trapped between this water monster and the portal that he does not know how to cross, there is nowhere for him to run to.
- She takes pity on him and calls out, “You may ride with me through the portal. Quick! Run!”
- He runs to her and she motions for him to get on the horse behind her.
- With seconds to spare they make it through the Horse Portal, leaving the water beast to bark at them through the window of the portal. Clearly the beast does not know how to cross, which for our two characters (and the horse they are riding) is a good thing.
- “What was that thing?” the man asks.
- “I don’t know.” she replies.
Been a while since I’ve had a dream decent enough to log, woke up this morning to a pretty good one:
- I meet a blonde-haired blue-eyed girl in a writing class, Alina.
- She is from Russia.
- Write a script together for an assignment.
- We end up seeing each other more, going on dates, etc.
- Dinner at an Italian restaurant on the patio, wine, sunset. And afterwards we race up the stone stairs outside the restaurant.
- Months go by.
- We are at some park in the city, there is an outdoor event. There is a river nearby, and a huge grassy lawn with people listening to a classical orchestra. Everyone has blankets, coolers, etc…picnic supplies. The music drifts over the crowd.
- We dance together, making fools of ourselves but not caring. At the end of the song we fall down into the grass back at our picnic spot laughing. We are, without a doubt, big time in love.
- But then she gets a scared look on her face.
- She starts to run away and I chase her.
- “Alina! What’s wrong?” I yell. But she pays no heed.
- She reaches the water’s edge and starts to swim for the other side. She is an amazing swimmer I realize. There’s no way I will catch her but I try anyway.
- I see her reach the other side and run up the hill towards some buildings.
- I finally reach the other side, and run up the same way she did but she is gone.
- It is a 4-way intersection with city buildings on each side.
- She is nowhere to be seen.
- I search for hours. Calling her name and asking people on the street. Nothing.
- I return to the park and search there. Nothing.
- I search over the next few days everywhere I can think but don’t find anything.
- A bunch of time passes (months I guess?). I am back at the park and see a Life Guard station (as in the main house where all the guards live, not the chair at the beach). It actually looked like a Coast Guard Station House, but I guess this was as close as my brain could get to what a Life Guard House would look like. I decide to go ask them if they have seen Alina.
- I walk up the steps to ask this group of people if they have seen her. I start to describe her, “Blue eyes, blonde hair, etc..” They all apologize saying they haven’t seen her.
- I thank them and turn away which is when I see a towel hanging from the railing. It is blue with white stripes and I realize it’s her towel. I remember now that she had taken it with her when she ran! (somehow this towel is unique enough that I know without a doubt that it is hers)
- I whirl back to the small crowd assembled on the stairs to the house. “That’s her towel!” I exclaim while pointing at the towel. “Hers! She’s here!” I start shouting her name and one of the lifeguards in the back gets up and runs inside. As she does I realize I was a fool, she was sitting there all along but her hair had been dyed brown instead of its normal almost-white blonde.
- I chase after her inside and we are in a kitchen. She backs away from me, terrified. She ends up in the corner of the room and falls to the ground crying, trying to get further away but unable.
- “Alina. It’s me.” I plead as I slowly enter the room, “Don’t you remember me?”
- She clearly doesn’t, I can see that. How can she not remember me I think to myself, but then I realize that I didn’t immediately recognize her either. How long has it been?
- I start to tell her all the things from our past, writing class, the dates, dancing in the park.
- A light of recognition enters her eyes, she looks up at me and she whispers, “The script. We wrote a script together.”
- As the full set of memories comes back to her she gets up and runs to me, wrapping me up in an interlocked hug with her head in my neck and begins to weep.
- “I was so scared.” she says. “I saw him there and then he was after me, and the only thing I knew to do was run.”
- “It’s ok.” I say, “He’s not here now.” I reply.
- “No, you don’t understand. He’s still here in the city, looking for me. I need to leave.”
- “Well then I’m coming with you.” I reply.
- “To Russia?” she asks.
- “You would do this? For me?”
- “Absolutely I will.”
- “Ok, but first we need to rescue my brother. He is in a school here, but it has fences.”
- I am confused at first, but then realize she means the junior detention facility (I forget what they’re really called).
- Well, I think to myself. This should be a snap, how hard could it be to get someone out of Juvie?
- “Ok, ” I say, “I will get your brother and then we will all leave together”
- “Yes, thank you!”, a look of immense relief appears on her face, and new tears, the good kind, begin to fall. She hugs me tighter and kisses me.
The scene fades away and then fades back in with me and a police officer standing outside a huge concrete wall with razor wire on top. Outside of this wall is a smaller chain-link fence (which is at most what I was expecting).
- This is the wall surrounding the juvenile center? I think to myself.
- I have somehow gotten the police officer into helping me get through the wall into the center, but I can’t remember how, or why. I remember we both had reasons, perhaps he has someone he needs to rescue too? In any case, I think to myself, we need to get in here.
- [the dream is beginning to fall apart now since it is losing continuity, but I still remember pieces]
- The officer walks up to the outer fence, in which there is a door with a number lock on it (the kind you would press the “code” to get in). This fence is outside the big concrete wall and is just normal chain-link.
- “We can just climb over?” I say. But then I realize the officer is quite portly.
- “No.” he replies and gets some sort of weird-looking gun out of his pocket.
- He shoots it at the lock and sparks begin to fly. Ohhh, I think to myself, a taser. I guess that works too!
- The officer gives me an admonishing look and walks up to it.
- “Open it.” he says. Pointing it the door handle, next to which is a computerized lock which has been blasted open, wires spill out and circuit boards are visible inside of the lock’s open panel.
- I think for a second and then instead of grabbing the door handle I take a stick and lay it across the handle and the broken lock’s panel. When the stick touches both the door and lock the electrical connection is completed, sparks fly across as the final energy from the taser is released (maybe it had been stored in the capacitors of the lock mechanism?).
- The officer gives me a look. Was that of approval or something else? Had he known about the shock and was hoping I would get electrocuted instead?
- The officer opens the door and steps through to the concrete wall ahead of us, and I follow him through.
There are bits and pieces that follow this, but I was clearly waking up at this point. As I woke up I thought “noooooo” and immediately tried to go back to sleep (which never works of course).
My alarm hadn’t even gone off yet and I wanted to see how this dream ended. How did I rescue the brother? Was this cop really trying to help me or not? And do me and Alina finally escape this man from her past that is chasing her? So many questions!
But now it is nearly 8:10 and I have to get up and go to work…
- Paddling down river
- Curves and loops
- Last corner see ocean
- Taste water – “It’s definitely the ocean, water is getting salty.”
- Make it to beach. Go swimming but keep accidentally getting PFD on.
- Swimming Pool Laps
- Race K
- Keep losing because my arms hit stuff, or lane is too narrow and arm hits pool “gutter”
- Band Girl Setting Up on stage
- “Weren’t you here this morning?”
- “Yeah, we were here to wait around to look at a house.” (which ended up turning into the river trip to the ocean.)
- Movie Premiere
- Couches are empty. “Journalists” out in lobby don’t take seats. Invite to Band Girl could would have been room.
- Fireplace has smouldering logs.
- Joke about how journlists will review the movie as awesome without having seen it “Food was great, as was the roaring fire! The at-capacity seating…”
I Am The One
- Two brothers in bunk beds.
- One declares “dude…I think I am the one.” (a la Matrix).
- As soon as he says that, a blue shimmery “force field” surrounds him.
- Other brother says “yeah right”.
- Brother one says “No, watch, I’ll prove it to you. I can fly. Push me off the balcony.”
- They both go over to the balcony which is a wooden rickety structure like the one in Life of Brian.
- Brother 2 pushed brother 1. As soon as he does the blue glow transfers to the brother who pushed. The other one tumbles off the balcony, not understanding what just happened.
- I realize what to do. So I touch the brother still on the balcony, and now I am The One!
- I take off flying and bomb around the city blasting through buildings and stuff.
- Computer game. The mission is to protect this woman from men who are trying to assassinate her.
- In this city where there are tons of people. Every once in a while a man dashes out of the crowd with a gun and you have to try to shoot him.
- After a while the security group goes faster and I can’t keep up, so I cut a corner trying to reach them, but miss.
- I am crossing a bride trying to get back to the group when on of the assassins rushes past me. He is too fast and I miss him. He can also run faster then me and I am unable to pursue.
- End Dream