Whole wheat flour and natural sweeteners make this a healthier version of a classic.
|Melted coconut oil or high quality vegetable oil||1/2 Cup|
|Maple Syrup (or honey if you have no maple syrup)||1/2 Cup|
|Mashed Bananas||1 Cup|
|Water (or milk)||1/4 Cup|
|Baking Soda||1 tsp|
|Vanilla Extract||1 tsp|
|Ground Cinnamon (plus more to swirl on top)||1/2 tsp|
|White Whole Wheat Flour||1 3/4 Cup|
|Optional: Walnuts||1/2 Cup|
- Preheat oven to 325 Fahrenheit (165 Celsius) and grease 9×5 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and maple syrup together with a whisk.
- Add the eggs to the bowl and beat well.
- Whisk mashed bananas and water (or milk) into bowl.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon and whisk to blend.
- Stir in flour until just combined.
- Fold in any extra ingredients (like walnuts).
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan, and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
- Serve sliced, toasted, with butter and cream cheese.