This can be cooked in 30 minutes and be ready to eat. In Matt’s words, his father used to make this for the Fire Station where he worked because it can be made and served “hot and a lot”. I don’t actually eat the broccoli, I really just like the flavor it adds, so depending on how much you want it cooked you might add it at a different time in the process.
- Chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces.
- 1 Onion, sliced.
- 1 Pepper, sliced.
- Broccoli, trimmed
- 1 Jar store-bought chicken gravy
- 1/4 cup White Wine (guessing on quantity here)
- 2 – 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Red Pepper flakes (add as much or as little as you want)
- Salt / Pepper
- Egg Noodles
- Get water and pan for egg noodles ready.
- In large skillet, cook onions and pepper over medium heat in olive oil until onions start to turn clear. Add chicken, cook until mostly cooked-through. Try not to let onions brown.
- Add broccoli
- Add red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add gravy and white wine, let cook more to burn off alcohol. Turn heat down to simmer, cover and let cook until desired doneness.
- Cook egg noodles.
- Serve over egg noodles.