I was driving through a city and a huge storm rolled in. There were tornadoes dropping down everywhere. I pulled my car over to the side of the road, opened up my trunk where all the camera gear was, and grabbed a camera.
I ran up the street to try to get a shot of one of the largest tornadoes that was starting to engulf an entire skyscraper. Just as I lined up the shot the entire building exploded movie-style, with one of those blue donut-shaped shockwave rings racing out of it and towards me – the building was vaporized into thousands of pieces flying through the air.
After snapping a couple shots of it approaching I ran into a parking garage, hid behind a concrete pillar, and covered my ears just as the shock wave hit.
I checked the image n the camera and was surprised to see that it wasn’t a picture of the exploding building at all, but rather one of a woman crouching in fear of the oncoming shockwave. Confused I checked the camera in my hands only to realize that I had grabbed an old 10 year old backup camera that was slow to take photos and had really low resolution. The camera hadn’t taken the photo until I was half-way turned towards the refuge of the parking garage.
However, after reviewing the images on the camera again I realized there was in fact an entire series of photos taken from just when I had started turning. They all had a movie-film, black and white kind of look and I realized they were all really good photos in their own right – just not the one I had intended to take.
- In the old Country Market in the town where I grew up
- Buy a sandwich at the deli
- Go to pay
- Realize I don’t have my wallet
- Tell cashier I will be right back after checking truck
- I know my wallet is not in the truck because I realize I am wearing new pants, not the ones I normally do, so I must have changed into them and forgot to grab my wallet
- Decide to leave and drive to house to get wallet
- About to leave parking lot when I remember my cash hiding spot
- Check my “secret stash” spot in the ashtray and find cash in there. 20, 10, 5, and some 1s
- Go back to park again
- Have to drive around a lot looking for a spot
- Realize there are hoards of people following me around and some of the other cars and people as well
- They follow you kind of like a school of fish everywhere you go
- They are homeless people trying/waiting to ask you for money
Continue reading “Dream – Morning of 2018-05-17”
Finally had another dream worthy of writing down!
- Big Brother
- Middle Brother
- Little Sister
- Guy on Horse
- Family on the beach: Mother, oldest son, middle son, youngest daughter. From oldest to youngest the children are something like 17, 14, 12.
- It’s the end of the day and the mother and youngest two are lounging in the sand at the boardwalk that goes back to the parking lot and exit. The day is over and other families are leaving with all their stuff. They are waiting for the oldest son to meet them here before they can all leave together.
- The daughter gets up and leaves to go for a walk.
- The mother and middle son sit together for a while watching the people leave. “I wish I was as pretty as them.” the mother says. At first middle son thinks she was talking to him, but he realizes she is thinking out loud and daydreaming.
- She continues to watch the people passing by so middle son decides to leave and go look for his sister.
- As middle son is walking down the beach looking for his sister, everyone is still walking out the opposite direction and he scans each face as they go by. Some are girls his age and he smiles at them, sometimes they smile back. Soon the stream of people has thinned to the occasional straggler and he looks at the landscape around him more. “I wish I had a camera” he thinks as he looks at the sand dunes. The sky is getting towards sunset, all the colors are washed out and the sky is a light lavender color. Some sort of mist hangs in the air above the dunes which makes each dune top lighter the further away it gets. The dunes furthest away are indistinguishable from the sky. Everything looks like it’s been drawn with shades of blue, purple, and lavender pastels.
- He finally sees his sister standing at the rocks at the end of the sandy part of the beach.
- As he gets closer he can see she is either crying or was crying. She is wearing a blue bathing suit, and it stands out against her pale white skin and red hair which is still wet from swimming earlier. Her red hair is odd because the two brothers have black hair and their mother’s is blonde.
- When he gets there he tells her “Big brother is probably back with mother by now, so we should head back, plus it’s going to be dark soon.”
- She turns to him with watery eyes and says “I don’t have any friends.”
- He knows he should say something, or give her a hug in this moment, but he can’t think of anything to say and instead looks out over the water, avoiding her gaze.
- She continues, “Did I have any friends before?”
- He knows what she means, before they moved here, before their father died, back when they lived on the farm. He also knows the answer, which is that she did not, but instead he lies and says he doesn’t remember. He senses that she doesn’t quite believe him so he continues with a truth to try to reinforce the white lie, “The farm was big, there weren’t a lot of people around” he says.
- She seems to sense this is all he is going to say and turns back towards the beach exit and their mother.
- They walk back together in slience.
There was some sort of flashback / other story about the older brother and the younger brother hanging out in a pool hall. Older brother was teaching younger how to play. Someone came up and asked if they wanted to play an actual game. Older brother lets younger play the game. Younger gets crushed. “Maybe next time.” older says to younger.
The mother drives the school bus in town, and because this is a small town the last stop is their house where she parks the bus for the night. They have a chicken coop and the mother sells eggs to make extra money. Some other children who live nearby stay on the bus until it gets to their house so they can go into the coop to pick out and buy eggs for their families.
As the town children and two younger children are in the coop they hear a commotion in the front yard. They all run around to see some guy on horseback intimidating and harassing the mother. This guy has been harassing their mother since they moved here. The oldest son comes out of the house and confronts the man.
- The guy turns his horse to face the oldest son and says something dumb and cliche like “This ain’t none of your concern boy.”
- The guy on the horse had a long rifle with him. He had been holding it balanced with the stock resting on his foot, now he raises it up with one arm and goes to shoo away the oldest son.
- But the oldest son grabs the rifle away from the man and swings it at him like a baseball bat.
- Since the man is on a horse the swing is mostly ineffective, but does make light contact with the mans face.
- Emboldened by his first swing the oldest son now tries to jab at the man’s face, using the rifle like a sword now instead of a bat.
- However the man is ready for this attack and dodges the thrusting rifle, grabs the barrel, and rips the gun out of the oldest son’s hands.
…and then I woke up
Colors of the bathing suit, red hair, and white skin:
Fog layer mask
After this the dream did the “dream thing” and went off the rails. All the kids broke out into song and dance like a Disney movie.
- Man is hiking through the woods
- Has this single unwavering purpose, not even sure himself, just ‘knows’ he needs to follow this path, to go this direction, to get somewhere.
- Ends up in a village
- They recognize him as “the prophecy”
- Stuff happens
- Years go by
- His sons leave down the same path he entered, everyone knows they will return in 60 or 70 years to start the process again.
Takes place in the 80s some time in a country town.
- Guy comes home from somewhere. Jail / College / Army, something like that.
- He’s always been in kind of a rowdy crowd. He calls up his old friends to see what they’re doing. His kid brother wants to come with him so he says ok.
- They all meet down at some quarry overlooking a processing plant. 3 cars, 3 guys and the kid brother.
- The third guy has this weird thing he says a lot, it’s like his catch phrase. “Here’s to you kid” followed by something that just happened.
- They split most of a 12 pack of beer while shooting the shit (even kid brother has one).
- From the overlook you can see the entirety of the plant and all the machines moving stone around. It’s nearly automated so there’s not really anyone to catch them drinking beer up on this overlook where they shouldn’t be.
- They decide to leave and kid brother wants to ride with guy #3 – they live next door and kid brother wants to see if this guy #3’s kid brother is home (who is our kid brother’s friend and who he wants to brag to about hanging with the big guys drinking beer). Ok, fine says big brother.
- They all race their way out of the quarry because it’s fun on the dirt roads, you can fish tail around corners and stuff. They are dirt roads and giant clouds of dust form which looks wicked cool but also is an advantage if you’re in the lead – not so much if you’re one of the cars behind. Right now it’s the main character in the lead, the second car, and then the third car (with the kid brother and other guy driving) fighting to get in front of #2.
- They go around a large corner, a small straightaway, and then are back up onto the main road.
- Main character turns left, second car turns right, and the third car can’t be seen in the rear view. Oh well, they must have slowed down because they couldn’t see. He’d see them back on their home street. He leans into the gas and accelerates onto the highway.
- Main character gets home, takes a shower, and then is getting dressed. He notices the other guy still hasn’t come home yet (he can see guy #3’s driveway from his bedroom window).
- Main character calls second guy, “Hey have you seen #3? He’s not home yet…maybe he broke down, his car is a piece of shit you know”
- They decide to go check.
- It’s getting towards sunset now and they are re-tracing their path into to quarry when they see a break in the bushes and tire tracks leading to it in the dirt road.
- They stop, get out, and walk through the bushes to emerge out on the top of a very steep hill.
- At the bottom of the hill they see the #3’s yellow car’s taillights, trunk, and some of the roof, but the rest of the car is buried under stone, and more is slowly covering it because it had slammed into into a pile that was being built up by one of those stone conveyors.
- They run down the hill to the car and get to the driver side first. It is blocked from being opened, half because it is crumpled, but half because there is a large rock on the ground keeping it from opening all the way. They move the stone and get the driver’s side open.
- Stone chips just like the ones that are covering the car come pouring out…the inside is filled with stone. They frantically scoop with their hands but can only find a pair of feet on the driver’s seat with the legs leading towards the passenger side where the kid would have been sitting.
- They run over to the passenger side and open that door. This one also opens roughly but not as bad as the first one. More stone chips come pouring out and then they see the rest of guy #3’s body covering / laying on top of the kid who is still in his seat with his seat belt on.
- Guy #3’s fingernails have stone chips embedded everywhere under them. He had been trying to dig his way through the stone with only his hands. His hands are raw, like he’d been digging for a long time. At first probably just to try to get to the door handle and get the door open, but afterwards in a vain effort to keep the ever-deepening stone away from their faces (remember, they are underneath a conveyor which is constantly pouring out more and more stone chips).
- They see a cookie – one which kid brother had brought with him from home – and it was miraculously preserved. It had a single bite taken out of it and was still in kid brother’s lap.
- Big brother looks at guy #3’s face and thinks to himself it looks like he’s saying: “Here’s to you kid – I tried.”
In the actual dream it was peat moss and not stone chips but I don’t think they move peat moss on conveyor belts so I changed that, and there wasn’t beer in the dream but that seemed like a good addition. I also couldn’t remember exactly what the “catch phrase” was that guy #3 had (i.e. “Here’s to you kid”), but I think that might be right.
This was a huge dream that I was happy to remember when I woke up:
- I think it started off in a water park or something, and an entire group of people finds themselves at the end of the ride and at the beginning of a new one called “The Game”
- The Game is a problem-solving game, and only those who find the solutions advance to the next room. Advancing to a new room is called “getting older” in the vernacular of The Game.
- It starts off very easy and everyone makes it to the next room.
- This next room was a little harder and required you find a lever or something which they saw you find and would usher you through to the next room.
- It becomes clear at this point that the participants are being observed by the people running The Game.
- In this next room there are only ten or so people, and there are two glass walls. One looks out into the “next” room that we are trying to get to, and another looks back into what appears to be the previous room. In the previous room is a single girl who looks confused and perhaps frightened because she is alone. She is clearly trying to find her way out.
- We bang on the glass to try and get her to realize where we are and give her a hint to where she needs to go.
- We realize we have guns (aren’t dreams great) and start shooting through the glass to make holes in the glass and noise. The girl in the other room sees/hears these and runs over to start pounding on the glass.
- Meanwhile, everyone else in our room is trying to get to the other, “next” room.
- I am eventually able to get the other girl in to this room, and it turns out that’s what you needed to do in order to advance. The observers are about to send someone else into the room but she speaks up, “No, it should be him that gets older, he brought the other girl here.”
- I am ushered through a door and into the next room where there are six or seven other people.
- Everyone is wearing headphones, and I am given a pair. There is some sort of soft music playing in the headphones. I realize there is a bar where everyone else is sitting so I go over and sit down too.
- Sandwiches are placed in front of us and we all realize we’re starving because we’ve been playing this game for a long time now. The food is devoured.
- The headphones come alive with a voice telling us to move through a new door that opens in the wall. We all walk through and find ourselves in what appears to be a standard room of a house with a fireplace at one end, a couch, and some other features. It’s decorated like an old Victorian house.
- We are all milling around for a while, unsure what to do.
- Three of us sit down on the couch, a guy on my left, me, and then a girl on my right.
- A skeleton, perhaps two and a half feet tall appears on the floor of a side room to our right. It is writhing around and lit up with some sort of internal glow. When it finally stops I nudge the girl next to me and say “You should go pick it up.”
- She does, and as she does it comes back to life and starts writhing around again.
- She screeches and throws it into the corner of the room where it lands and then stands up.
- It says something like “congratulations, you may all proceed to the next room.”
- Everyone leaves except me. I walk over to inspect the skeleton and see that it’s made of plastic with little lights inside. I then decide to inspect the fireplace and realize it is also not real. What appeared from a distance to be ashes inside of it was really thin sheets of tracing paper. There is a hole in one of them and I can see something through it.
- I tear the paper away and see that under the fireplace is another room with corridors and railway tracks. I am about to jump down in when a man appears behind me.
- “Congratulations,” he says as he guides me through a door in the wall that is not the one the others went through.
- The door closes behind me and I realize the girl who grabbed the skeleton is there, but not anyone else.
- We are atop a giant concrete platform on the edge of a body of water, and in the distance is the sound of a rumbling diesel motor.
- I walk over to the edge of the concrete platform and look over the twenty foot drop. I am trying to see if we are floating or if everything else is. Before I can find out the girl grabs the back of my shirt and pulls me back. “You could fall over!” she yells.
- We are wondering what to do next when three actors come up a gangplank. At least, we assume they’re actors because we don’t recognize them but they seem to be directing their play towards us. This goes on for a few minutes and we watch trying to gather clues about this challenge.
- Suddenly the platform jolts to the left – we are floating apparently because now it is separating from everything else in the room. The girl gives me a look that indicates “if you had been looking over the edge when that happened you’d be at the bottom.”
- Water from somewhere is rushing around the base of the platform. Walls come down and doors start to close around this giant room. The actors are gone and we are left alone in a room that is rapidly becoming a death trap.
- We begin running for a door at the far end that is closing from the top down. The girl is in front and it becomes clear that she’s going to make it and I am not.
- She slips through and lies down on the ground to look back and plead that I crawl through too, but there’s no way, I would be crushed. She’s crying. The door closes and I am left alone in the room.
- I look over off the platform and see some rubber boats floating in the churning water.
- I run and jump for one and land in the water next to it.
- I swim to it and easily slide on top of it – I am surprised that I was able to get onto it so quickly.
- From inside the boat I look around and see that the water in this basin has begun to drain. There are bubbles everywhere and there is one place where it looks like what could have been a stairwell made out of cage and tube metal, but is now more like a waterfall that descends downward to some unknown
- Seeing no other option, I decide it’s my only choice and direct my boat towards it. I crash down through the structure and water, flipping my boat a couple times but managing to right it.
- After numerous turns the boat is spat out onto a sidewalk where there are cars and people walking around.
- I look towards the road and see a tractor trailer towing some sort of eqipment made of pipes and pumps and stuff. I see that it has the same logo as the company running “The Game” so as it passes I run towards it and climb up the back.
- I find a spot to nestle myself in and find that it’s very comfortable and end up falling asleep.
- When I wake up were are in a larger city. At one point a tour bus full of Chinese people drives by and they point out the windows at me laughing, pointing, and taking pictures.
- I turn away from them and look at where I am laying down. I am wrapped up in my Top Gun towel and blanket. “That doesn’t make sense” I think to myself, “Where did i get those?”
- I look to my right and see we are entering a huge city. The colors are super-saturated making everything look like one of those crazy HDR pictures. It’s like everything is made of the color of sunsets.
- “I wonder what city this is?” I think to myself, “Maybe Gotham?”
At this point in the dream I realize I am dreaming and start to get worried that I’ll wake up. No, this is too cool, don’t wake up! If I could control it maybe I can make it even better! Of course, the super-vivid colors of this city start to fade to grayscale and then to black….and I wake up. I am unhappy that I didn’t get to see what happened. But magically I am able to fall back asleep, and the dream continues which NEVER happens. Unfortunately this “part two” of the dream wasn’t as vivid, I was still aware I was dreaming and had trouble controlling it.
- I am dropped off in front of a hotel and realize I need to go inside if I’m going to find the girl.
- I search through the hotel lobby to no avail but see an exit towards a mall.
- The mall is a big courtyard with shops along the edge and people milling around.
- Suddenly someone shoots at me and I dive out of the way.
- I see one of the stores is selling antique guns or something, so I make my way over there and steal a couple of them.
- I return fire to the people shooting at me and I think manage to hit one of them.
- I run to the other side of the courtyard to escape and continue my search.
I know there was more to that second part but I can’t remember it. As a note, “The Game” is a similar movie with Michael Douglas so I’d have to change that if this became a story somehow, but the “plot” of this dream is certainly not the same.
- Sitting in a bar waiting for friends.
- Girl arrives and sits Indian style in the seat next to me.
- She pulls out her phone (which I can’t see yet) and says “yeah, it’s not a flip phone”
- I look over ans see it indeed is not a flip phone, but is also not a “smart phone”, just a mini phone about half the size of a large spice bottle.
- I laugh and pretend to be talking like I’m talking to someone else but I’m really talking to her (the thing where you cup your hands over your mouth): “Oh my god, look at that, it’s not even a flip phone.”
- She laughs and says “Yeah, not even a Razor”.
- I continue, “Yeah, it’s not even a Razor….I think she’s from even farther in the past than that…or perhaps the future.”
- Scene cuts forward to a nearly-empty bar/restaurant and we’re still talking. I’m showing her pictures from this book I happen to have of all my travels. I show her a picture from a pool in Las Vegas where you go down a water slide adventure and then are floated into a room that has only a couple to a few feet of water in it and explain how you could sit at a swim up bar, swim over to do some gambling, walk up to a platform where there are bathrooms, etc.
I think this could be a story about Lucid dreaming where the main character is so infatuated with the girl he meets at the bar he tries to get back to her. He can’t, until he learns about Lucid dreaming. He trains himself to be able to do it, and then starts reconstructing her, the scene, an entire world perhaps. But then something bad has to happen, not sure what…maybe she starts to realize she’s not real and attempts to deconstruct the dream herself. He of course can’t understand how this would happen because he created her…something like that.
- Skiing down a mountain at nearly night, I’m the last one on the mountain.
- Get to the bottom and get on a lift that takes you to the parking lots
- I see a phone blinking blue LED in the snow below.
- I get off at the mid station which is a ski rental shop. I notice that if someone wanted they could rob the store (it is closed).
- I walk out of the store and there are people everywhere.
- I turn around and make my way back to the area under the lift.
- I pay a hotel bellboy $0.25 to help me look for the phone
- For some reason there are drunk French tourists also walking around – I realize they are walking back to the hotel where I found the bellboy
- I find the phone which is a broken Motorola Razor (the top part of the flip has broken off)
- Somehow (because it’s a dream world), the phone still works.
- I walk back to the top of the parking lot and there are even more people
- Somehow I realize that there’s about to be an attack with a “pumpkin bomb” (did I look at the phone and see their plans?
- I see a truck drive past me on the road but realize it’s actually two
- The second one is a contraption of two parts, one which is pulling another.
- I realize the second one is the “pumpkin”
- I start running away, and am almost run over by another truck.
- I look to my left to follow the truck and see it has stopped in the road — blocking a fire truck’s access to the rest of the area.
- Fire truck can’t move