- Sitting in a bar waiting for friends.
- Girl arrives and sits Indian style in the seat next to me.
- She pulls out her phone (which I can’t see yet) and says “yeah, it’s not a flip phone”
- I look over ans see it indeed is not a flip phone, but is also not a “smart phone”, just a mini phone about half the size of a large spice bottle.
- I laugh and pretend to be talking like I’m talking to someone else but I’m really talking to her (the thing where you cup your hands over your mouth): “Oh my god, look at that, it’s not even a flip phone.”
- She laughs and says “Yeah, not even a Razor”.
- I continue, “Yeah, it’s not even a Razor….I think she’s from even farther in the past than that…or perhaps the future.”
- Scene cuts forward to a nearly-empty bar/restaurant and we’re still talking. I’m showing her pictures from this book I happen to have of all my travels. I show her a picture from a pool in Las Vegas where you go down a water slide adventure and then are floated into a room that has only a couple to a few feet of water in it and explain how you could sit at a swim up bar, swim over to do some gambling, walk up to a platform where there are bathrooms, etc.
I think this could be a story about Lucid dreaming where the main character is so infatuated with the girl he meets at the bar he tries to get back to her. He can’t, until he learns about Lucid dreaming. He trains himself to be able to do it, and then starts reconstructing her, the scene, an entire world perhaps. But then something bad has to happen, not sure what…maybe she starts to realize she’s not real and attempts to deconstruct the dream herself. He of course can’t understand how this would happen because he created her…something like that.
- Skiing down a mountain at nearly night, I’m the last one on the mountain.
- Get to the bottom and get on a lift that takes you to the parking lots
- I see a phone blinking blue LED in the snow below.
- I get off at the mid station which is a ski rental shop. I notice that if someone wanted they could rob the store (it is closed).
- I walk out of the store and there are people everywhere.
- I turn around and make my way back to the area under the lift.
- I pay a hotel bellboy $0.25 to help me look for the phone
- For some reason there are drunk French tourists also walking around – I realize they are walking back to the hotel where I found the bellboy
- I find the phone which is a broken Motorola Razor (the top part of the flip has broken off)
- Somehow (because it’s a dream world), the phone still works.
- I walk back to the top of the parking lot and there are even more people
- Somehow I realize that there’s about to be an attack with a “pumpkin bomb” (did I look at the phone and see their plans?
- I see a truck drive past me on the road but realize it’s actually two
- The second one is a contraption of two parts, one which is pulling another.
- I realize the second one is the “pumpkin”
- I start running away, and am almost run over by another truck.
- I look to my left to follow the truck and see it has stopped in the road — blocking a fire truck’s access to the rest of the area.
- Fire truck can’t move