Dream – Night of 2015-02-12
Posted On February 12, 2015
- This “world” is made up of many different ones that you jump to by going through portals.
- Each portal is guarded by a different “animal” which you need to befriend and understand before you can go through the portal.
- There is one girl who knows the entrances and exits to all the portals, but she is rarely seen.
- One day this man is stuck in a world and doesn’t know how to exit it. He sees a girl ride up on a horse.
- He asks her, “How is it that you are able to ride that horse?”
- She replies, “It’s easy, you just need to understand them.”
- She turns the horse and begins riding towards a portal, it is guarded by horses (or had pictures of horses or something)…in any case, it’s clear it is the Horse Portal.
- The man does not follow and she stops her horse, and turns around to speak to him again.
- “Aren’t you going to follow?”
- “I’m afraid not.”, he replies. “I have not yet conquered horses.”
- “You don’t even know horses? And, conquered? Well, I can see why you haven’t. You have much to learn.” She replies with a chuckle.
- In the lake behind the man a giant water beast rises out of the water. Its mouth is huge with tendrils of flesh hanging from it. It looks like a slug crossed with a catfish, crossed with some sort of alien creature.
- The beast makes an ear piercing roar as it moves towards the man who is currently halfway between the beast and the horse portal.
- Meanwhile, the girl on the horse has a look of terror on her face. Could it be that there is a creature she does not yet understand? One that, given the chance, would consume her without a second thought?
- She turns and motions her horse towards the portal to exit, but then reconsiders. She takes a long whip-like thing from her side and with a long overhead arc like a fly fisherman, she snaps the tip of the whip at the beast. There is a claw on the end of the whip which takes a sample of the flesh from the open mouth of the beast.
- She then looks down at the man who is now only a few feet from death. Trapped between this water monster and the portal that he does not know how to cross, there is nowhere for him to run to.
- She takes pity on him and calls out, “You may ride with me through the portal. Quick! Run!”
- He runs to her and she motions for him to get on the horse behind her.
- With seconds to spare they make it through the Horse Portal, leaving the water beast to bark at them through the window of the portal. Clearly the beast does not know how to cross, which for our two characters (and the horse they are riding) is a good thing.
- “What was that thing?” the man asks.
- “I don’t know.” she replies.