This is, without a doubt, the best-tasting cake you’ll make for how easy it is.
- 4 Cups chopped apple
- 2 Cups sugar
- 2 1/2 Cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup oil
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 Cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients in one (large) bowl.
- Mix by hand just until flour is mixed in
- Pour / place mixture into (angel food cake pan?) Whatever the kind is that makes a round cake with a hole in the middle
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Mix together confectioner’s sugar and water to make a liquid paste that will run/drizzle off a spoon.
- Add Almond Extract to mixture. Not sure on quantity, pretty powerful stuff so go slow and taste…add more if it needs it.
- Drizzle over cake going from center to outside so you get lines of frosting radiating out from the “center” of the cake.