From the morning of February 1st
Had a cool dream about vampires:
- Being chased through a flooded town. Lots of people were vampires, just not sure who.
- Hide underneath a car, but something large lands on top of it, crushing the car into the mud (a la Jurassic Park)
- I punch up through the floor of the car, hoping to kill the vampire I guess, but I hit the transmission fluid line by mistake. The fluid then starts running over my face and I get some in my mouth (it also happens to look a lot like blood, not sure if I knew it was transmission fluid in the dream.)
- Dream switches to a mall scene. I’m running through the hallways trying to get to an electronics store.
- I finally get to the store and find someone I know, a powerful vampire, waiting for me.
- He asks if I drank the transmission fluid. I realize that he wants to know because it determines weather or not he can bite me.
- I play coy and say “maybe, maybe not”.
- He decides to bite me and immediately turns has a blue glow around him.
- He frantically searches around the store, consuming other vampires that were there. This keeps him alive. However, he soon runs out of other vampires to kill and dissolves into nothing.
- The entire mall goes crazy, realizing that the “big head vampire” is dead.
- Immediate chaos and looting ensues.
The Old Friend
This was a very short dream. I was playing with my old dog Ena. Good times!
The Magic Forest
- I’m running through a forest, in Maine I believe. But there’s also an abandoned building that looks familiar. It is on the side of a river and is old, and beaten. I think I’ve seen the building before (in the dream). It looks like it belongs on a deep-south river or something. There’s probably crocs in the water.
- I’m back on the trail in the forest and realize that we’re climbing. My aunt Laurel is there and we come out into the large path heading up a steep mountain.
- Flowers start to bloom all along the trail around us. It looks like one of those stop-motion films of spring where the flowers pop out from nothing to full-bloom in ten seconds. They’re also very pastel and bright primary colors.
- The dream switches to an overhead camera shot and I can see that this is happening all along the trail, both in front and behind us.
- Even where there are large boulders they soon become mountains of vegetation.
- I have my camera, but every time I try to take a picture of one of the flowers or plants that is growing, the color fades out of the viewfinder. No joy!
- We take a left between two especially large rock-hill-things and we find ourselves back at the building on the water. Except this time it is full of people and candle-driven yellow light, and a large feast.