- Boy is being dragged by the arm by his father (or some sort of authority figure)
- Chained to a heavy thing and thrown into a pond
- On the way down the boy manages to free himself, but he knows it will mean death to surface right there, so he swims away underwater
- He remembers a place he can hide
- Almost out of breath he finally makes it to a part of the pond that the kids of the town/city know about, a place where you can surface in an air bubble under an overhang
- He surfaces underneath the overhang
There are a few inches of air in this spot. It is not quite close din and he can see out over the rest of the pond
- He sees the upside-down mottled reflection of another man on the surface of the water peering over the edge of the pond.
- He knows the man is looking for him
- He thinks for sure the man will see his reflection too, but then he realizes that it is so dark in this little mini-cave that the man cannot see him. as long as he stays quiet he should be safe.
- The boy stays as quiet as he can
- Eventually the man leaves, satisfied that the boy is in fact dead, still tied to the thing at the bottom of the pond
- The boy is still scared though, and stays where he is
- It starts to get dark
- Bugs are crawling on his exposed shoulders from the earthen wall behind and above him (i.e. kind of like in Lord of the Rings when the Hobbits hide from the black riders)
- The boy is finally satisfied that it is safe to exit the pond, and he is cold and shivering anyway.
- He crawls out of the pond and finds a path that leads into the woods
- He follows this path and comes upon a giant opening.
- It is shaped like a colosseum. A giant three-quarters bowl made of yellow stone.
- Everywhere are holes and arches in the walls.
- The boy realizes that each of these individual openings leads to a sewer drain, a street grate, or some type of drain from the city.
- “I wonder what it’s like in here when it’s raining” the boy thinks.
- He begins exploring, climbing up broken rocks and stuff to try to get to one of these openings
- First tens and then hundreds of other children appear from openings all around him.
- Tribal in looks and behavior, they start hooting and hollering.
- “Other children who were sacrificed, or just runaways?” the boy thinks.
After this the dream did the “dream thing” and went off the rails. All the kids broke out into song and dance like a Disney movie.
- Man is hiking through the woods
- Has this single unwavering purpose, not even sure himself, just ‘knows’ he needs to follow this path, to go this direction, to get somewhere.
- Ends up in a village
- They recognize him as “the prophecy”
- Stuff happens
- Years go by
- His sons leave down the same path he entered, everyone knows they will return in 60 or 70 years to start the process again.